Home Forum News & Announcments Cocoa Beach Island Waveskis Spring Contest April 28th

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

It’s getting to be that time of the year…. We will be having our annual “contest”
      April 28th. Click on the link for more info.
      http://www.waveski.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:april-2012-contest-cocoa-beach&catid=42:upcoming-events&Itemid=83

Tybee

I hope to be there.

GA Animal

to see all the Georgia / North Florida padddle gang to show up and dole out a few lessons. As always a fun event with great competition / friendship. Great time to have Stu shape a new summer ski for you.

FrankC

Lessons you say!
      Ok I’ll bring my pointiest ski…. the Gulf Side of Florida will be represened too
      Perhaps I could score some Orchild Island Juice for the event
      hopefully the waves will be there too

GreenWave

Whats a couple of newbies to do? Should GreenWave and Kayakeradams enter contest although they are no where near competitve skill level? We plan to be there to meet , hob nob, commiserate and ask lots of annoying questions. Will anyone be there to offer classes on rolling? Is there a campground nearby where we might bring our wives along? See the questions have already begun.

biggriz

It’s a reasonable fee and you’ll get some good experience surfing heats.
      I can’t answer your other questions, like if anyone will be giving lessons, but it’s a fun experience.

GA Animal

Contest wise, it’s always fun and very informative. You will pick up valuable lessons on:
      1. How to avoid being rammed by gulfies.
      2. The proper method to hide paddles.
      3. enjoy, enjoy,and enjoy.

Seriously, much to be learned by doing. You will see a much broader spectrum of the styles and why’s and whatfore’s about waveski’s. You can be as serious as you want to be, or just there for a good surf. You never know who you may take down in your heats.

GreenWave

To tell the truth I have been waiting to hear word of an east coast event and the opportunity to meet fellow members of such a large demographic (sic). OK it”s against my better judgement but I’ll enter. Do they have a most humorous ride category? Unfortunately my newbie brother Mark has a prior commitment on that date. Will any of the contestants be lingering around Sunday to make it worth a late ride down.

Tybee

I need to commit and cut Roy a check for the contest.

Greenwave I can try and help you with your roll. We can find a quiet spot to the side and work it out.

Billy

Been a couple of years since I competed, but I’m gonna try and make this one!

FrankC

Ok I’m in … only if Kuzmar enters too!

biggriz

I haven’t read any posts from Asspaddler in awhile…

GreenWave

OK I’m in. I anted up. Sure look forward to meeting some of you. Tybee hope you can make it and offer some pointers on rolling. GA Animal I’m sure our paths will cross sooner as I’m moving to Jax Beach this week. By the way my son spotted you at the poles a couple of weeks ago. I assume it was you. He said, “Hey Dad I saw that guy with the moustache at the poles.”

Tybee

OK, my check is in the mail so if I dont die sailing the week before I will be there. If I do die sailing I wont be there. You can never be too clear.

asspaddler

Been crazy busy last 6 months with business, have not posted much here, sorry.

However I will be at Cocoa

looking forward to relaxing, surfing and hanging out..

c u there.

briank

FrankC

Almost ready for the 28th
      Surfed yesterday & today
      4th time on the new addition to my collection
      24″ x 7′ 4″ island radical hybrid
      Gotta dial it in with smaller side fins & go faster?

asspaddler

Looks like FranKc rented us the party room at Anthonys motel.

Im coming in thursday or friday.

Briank

FrankC

Congrats to Big Steve. W
      … Contest winner…
      # 1 open & # 1 old guys div.

Heard he is heading north next weekend to dominate again

Go Steve. Yeah

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.