Home Forum Hook-ups & Surf Meets – East December North FLA meet ups.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bott2010 6 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Bott2010

If anyone is interested in meeting up betwwen 12/19-1/1 to surf, I am in. I have off (thank god) and I am ready to rock. I have been getting alot of h20 time after work but , I feel us waveskiers need to surf together to perfect our craft.

GA Animal

I will be off the injured reserve list by then so let’s watch the forecasts and set something up. How about it North Florida and South and West.

Bott2010

Sounds good.

FrankC

OK
    only if the water is WARM

GA Animal

Just stay down current of me!! HAHAHA!!

GreenWave

Was wondering why I haven’t seen the Animal lately. I plan to be in the water Saturday. Last two sessions were with Sandman and we had a great time nice glassy swell. Hope we can all get together I love the look of shock and bewilderment on the boarders faces when they see a group of waveskiers.

GA Animal

What may seem to be shock and bewilderment at the time turns into resentment and mild anger at a latter date, trust me I know. I have gotten comments like “look what you are doing to the line-up”. We are still visitors into their domain and must tread softly. Not the best conditions but just the facts.

GreenWave

Yes I ‘hear’ what you’re saying. You are an excellent ambassador for our peculiar form of surfing for two reasons. First once they witness you ride a wave you leave no doubt that you are in fact surfing and second because of your patience I have witnessed you surrender waves when a board surfer has dropped in on you. I’m still a little new to this sport but I’m learning. There will always be another wave and good karma creates a much better environment to surf in. Since I was not a surfer I never would have guessed how conservative surfers tend to be. Often put off by any form of surfing out of the ‘norm.’ After watching a few excellent documentaries on the history of surfing I now realize that this behavior has always been a part of this sport’s culture. Still I’ve enjoyed good vibes from many that I’ve encountered and have been encouraged and complemented on good rides. Anyway on another thread I’ve conversed with Bott about coming this way are you going out Sat morn if so where?

Bott2010

Okay-I know I couldn’t make the last meet up and just found out my wife is giving me an early day lunch/ bar crawl Birthday party (Sat is my Birthday). I once again will have to surf around my hood of Fernandina. I am off until 12/1 so hit me up if any other day works for you.

Bott2010

Report looks good for little talbot tommorrow. I am surfing a break that is 1 mile north of the entrance beach. I just got my hands on a tow behind carrier for my bike. I would love to surf with any of you guys around 9- 930.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.