Home Forum General El Nino

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Laker

Thanks to the effect El Nino is having on the jet stream , Lake Michigan is still ice free. The last two years saw surfing shut down by ice in late November – WAY too early.

Today we saw great winter surf conditions : 3 foot north swell , light offshores , pretty snow showers , air 28 degrees (f.) , water 38. Easy riding waves , nothing to slam you on the head or hold you down – ideal for a “mature” surfer in cold conditions. Man , the hot shower afterwards felt good!

Higher temps coming in a few days ; hopefully there will be more surf opportunities soon.

Ted Hardie

You make it sound almost balmy up there!!! Brrrrr. I have no idea how you do it…. none at all.

Surfs 5-7′ here today… and beautiful.

Still in the waiting period for the new ski… driving myself nuts looking at pictures on the Infinity site. From what I understand it’s shaped and should be glassed by now. Still a bit to do so it will be another couple weeks at best. Will send pics once it shows.

Laker

Ted –

As you probably know , the rudder controlled Dominators are custom one-offs and are pretty labor intensive to build , so there is nothing fast about getting one. I know how it is to sit and look at images on the Infinity website … a real test of patience.

At least you are not sweating getting your ski before your surf venue freezes up!

Looking forward to seeing your new craft and hearing the test flight reports …

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.