Home Forum General NRS hydro silk hydro skin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ramon
      Participant

I’ve seen some SUP’ers wearing these tops(some of them were also kayakers). I’ve never tried one but since my wet suit of choice is a long or short john I’d like to wear something over or under when needed. Right now I wear lycra rash guards under and over my wetsuit when needed.

I have a 3/2 ss wetsuit and a 4/3 ls if I need them but I much prefer the freedom of a john….plus I don’t get tired as fast. Has anyone used these and the pro’s and cons. thanks, ramon

http://www.nrs.com/product/2635/nrs-mens-hydrosilk-shirt-ss-closeout

bruntoj

The link you posted is for the hydro silk which is purely for sun/friction protection. The hydroskin is more thermal/wind although like you I’ve yet to try one.

For the record/stats:
      I’ve got a 1mm neoprene short sleeve top (O’Neill or one of the other main companies) that I wear alone in summer, or over a shortjohn in spring/fall, or over a full 3/2 a couple of times in winter in San Diego, but that last combo really tired me quickly and was soon replaced with a plush-lined short sleeve rash guard from the surf shop that really worked better than the 1mm top to provide an additional layer that didn’t bind. I think hydro skin falls somewhere between – 0.5mm I think.

Surflineup

I have been buying NRS Hydro Skin products since 2012, during their closeout sales.

What I like about them the most, is if I’m wearing a wetsuit, I use them as an undergarments to help peel off the suit without any assistance and wear them alone during the warmer day.

One time, I was in a hurry and didn’t put them on under my wetsuit, and after I got my wetsuit off, I promised myself not to do that again.

R/Surflineup
      [attachment=0:21aa5jy4]Pool Day.jpg[/attachment:21aa5jy4]
      P.S.: Waveski rollover training sessions will start next month, after spending time with some great kids and vets to give the kayakers and others a laugh…

Surflineup

Here is another site that sells pretty good gear for Triathlon (swimming), and they have great sales.

I have two of their suits that I worn last summer, and I just purchased a Vortex suit that has orange panels for greater visibility.
      http://www.xterrawetsuits.com/store/index.php/products/triathlon-wetsuits

R/Surflineup

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.